The purpose of this position is to perform the Accounts Receivable duties with accuracy and efficiency and to understand the interrelatedness of all billing functions. This is to be accomplished in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
1. Minimum of High School diploma or GED
2. Experience in claims processing, or billing services regarding tracking and follow-up of non-paid or denied claims
3. Able to communicate via phone in a clear, understandable and professional manner
4. Exhibits problem solving skills
5. Possess knowledge and application of ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding process
6. Possess knowledge of medical third party and government payers
7. Ability to perform efficiently under time restraints and multiple demands
8. Demonstrates basic familiarity with Medical Terminology
9. Able to sit for long periods of time
10. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, calculator, photocopier, telephone and other office equipment
11. Requires ability to read and comprehend numbers, policies, and reports
12. Must possess strong ability to prioritize duties
Listed below are the person(s) to whom the Accounts Receivable Representative reports:
1. Accounts Receivable Team Lead
2. Billing and Collections Manager
3. Director of Revenue Cycle and Managed Care
Listed below are major duties and responsibilities of the Accounts Receivable Representative. The person hired for this position is delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability to carry out his/her assigned duties. Even though the job description is broad, every effort has been made to make it as complete as possible. HOWEVER, it must be emphasized that the Accounts Receivable Representative may be required to perform other duties and activities.
1. Follow through on insurance denials to include reviews and appeals
2. Investigate non-payment of claims
3. Refile claims to all insurance parties
4. Work and prove ledger balances
5. Obtain financial information for the open balance accounts
6. Interact and follow through with patients, insurance companies and outside accounts to solve claim status
7. Receive all incoming billing calls and follow through with any-corrective actions
8. Review and follow through on daily correspondence from insurance carriers and patients
9. Direct problem calls or accounts to the Team Leader
10. Mail outgoing claim forms to appropriate insurance carrier
11. Cooperate and uphold the policies and procedures of Radiology of Indiana, P.C.
12. All employees of Radiology of Indiana, P.C. who have access to PHI must comply with all HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies and Procedures.
13. Perform other related duties as many become necessary or as directed by the Management Team.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION AND UNDERSTAND THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH. I AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS OUTLINED AND WILL PERFORM ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY.
Please click here to email your resume.