- 90% of patients are satisfied with the outcomes of the UFE procedure.
- Growth of new fibroids or re-growth of embolized fibroids is rare.
- There is minimal blood loss and therefore no need for blood transfusions.
- All the fibroids may be treated during a single embolization procedure.
- All major insurance companies cover this procedure as a provided benefit.
- We encourage you to contact your insurance company about:
- Coverage for the UFE consultation with an Interventional Radiologist. Specifically, is a referral required for consultation and is the Interventional Radiologist of choice in your network?
- Is pre-certification required for the pre-procedure pelvic MRI?
- Is pre-certification required for the UFE procedure? Typically, our patients have an overnight stay in the hospital, but are released the next morning. UFE is considered a 23-hour overnight outpatient procedure.
https://www.radiologyofindiana.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Benefits-of-Uterine-Fibroid-Embolization....jpg 283 424 Adam Smith /wp-content/uploads/2017/03/radiology-of-indiana-logo.png Adam Smith2015-05-18 23:40:232017-03-06 17:23:30Benefits of Uterine Fibroid Embolization Procedure